Greenville Police Department
Important Information about your Traffic Citation
View Citation Form
A Traffic Arraignment is a court hearing. This is your opportunity to resolve your traffic citations in one court visit. You will see a judge that day. Please ensure that you bring your citations and documents you wish to show the court.
The date and time indicated on the bottom of your citation is your Traffic Arraignment date. You must appear in court on that date and time, unless you resolve your citation(s) by 4:00 p.m. the day before your Traffic Arraignment date. You may resolve your citation(s) by:
- Paying your citation(s); with cash, money order, cashier check, at the Circuit Clerk's Office ONLY.
- Providing documentation, which will permit the court to dismiss your citation(s).
- Credit Card (VISA/MASTERCARD only) payment can be done by phone or mail. Phone payments call (334) 382-3521. To pay by mail CLICK HERE and fill out the form and mail it along with the traffic ticket as instructed.
ALL CITATIONS FROM A SINGLE STOP MUST BE RESOLVED TOGETHER, EITHER AT THE CIRCUIT CLERK'S OFFICE OR AT YOUR TRAFFIC ARRAIGNMENT.
PAYING YOUR CITATION(S)
|Pay your citation(s) in advance of your Traffic Arraignment date by: |
- Paying with a money order at the Circuit Clerk's Office.
- Mailing payment along with the citation(s) to: made out to:
Butler County District Court
P.O. Box 236
Greenville, AL 36037
Your payment must be received before your Traffic Arraignment date or a FAILED TO APPEAR BENCH WARRANT will be issued for your arrest, an additional late fee will be assessed and your license will be suspended
(The court is not responsible for mail delays); or incorrect adddress.
- Be inside the courtroom 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time
- Cellular phones and pagers must be turned off
- Hats must be removed
- No gum chewing, food or drink
- Proper attire should be worn
- Do not talk in the courtroom
- No newspapers or reading materials allowed
Traffic Violation Fees
|Speeding (up to 24 mph over posted speed limits)||$168.00|
|Speeding (25 mph or more over posted speed limit)||$188.00|
|Allowing underage to drive||$198.00|
|Allowing another to use D.L.||$198.00|
|Blocking/stopping/parking on Hwy.||$178.00|
|Driving on wrong side of the road||$178.00|
|Failure to dim headlights||$158.00|
|Failure to stop at railroad crossing||$158.00|
|Failure to use child restraint||$158.00|
|Passing school or church bus||$248.00|
|Failure to wear safety belt||$10.00|
|Failure to yield right-of-way||$168.00|
|Following too closely||$168.00|
|Improper or no rearview mirror||$168.00|
|No annual inspection||$221.00|
|No helmet (motorcycle rider)||$158.00|
|Operating motor vehicle without a driver's license||$223.00|
|Running stop sign||$168.00|
|Running red light||$168.00|
|Violating driver's license restriction or endorsement||$158.00|
|* Pursuant to Act 98-671, effective May 6, 1998, an additional $50 (reflected in the totals above) shall be paid for these offenses.|
|** Pursuant to Act 99-397, effective 6-9-99, no court cost shall apply to this offense.|
The amount of the fines and fees reflect the current state of the law and are subject to change by the legislature.
If your case is not resolved at the Traffic Arraignment and a Judge hears your cases and you are found guilty, additional court costs will be added to the above listed amounts.
BUTLER COUNTY DISTRICT COURT LOCATION:
Butler County Courthouse
BUTLER DISTRICT COURT MAILING ADDRESS:
P.O. Box 236
Greenville, AL 36037
COURTHOUSE HOURS FOR PAYMENT:
Monday - Friday
In person 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Phone (334) 382-3521 or (334) 382-7166