The Greenville Police Department will conduct pre-employment testing to fill vacant Police Officer positions. These tests will include the following:
1. Physical Agility
- Climbing - 6' wall after a35 yard run
- Running - total of 75 yards
- Weight Drag - total of 50 yard run, lift
- Balance - run a total of 25 yards, surmount a 6"x6" beam and walk the 15' length dismount and run another 25 yards
- Pushing - push a full size police vehicle a total distance of 15' on flat ground
- Crawling - run 25 yards, crawl through or under a 24" obstacle - run 25 yards and crawl through an open window - then run another 25 yards
- Trigger Pull - after completing the above, you will be required to take a firearm with the strongest hand and pull the trigger 18 times, move the firearm to the weak hand and pull the trigger 12 times
All completed within 2 minutes.
2. Physical Ability Test
- Push ups - military type - 22 in 60 sec.
- Sit ups - military type - 25 in 60 sec.
- 1.5 mile run - completed in maximum 15.28 (15 minutes, 28 seconds)
3. Written Test - test your reading and writing abilities and as a means to measure your judgmental abilities in actual police situations
Minimum passing score is 70%
All applicants must sign a Liability Waiver before testing as the City of Greenville will not be responsible for injuries.
If you plan to participate in the testing phase, please call Christy Brack at 334/382-7461, ext. 223 before 5:00 p.m. The mailing address is:
P.O. Box 158
Greenville, AL 36037
*Note: On test day, wear clothes suitable for phyiscal activity.
Chief of Police