Home Living Doing Business Visiting Contact


The Revenue department is responsible for the collection and proper accounting of all city funds received from various internal and external sources. 


The State of Alabama Department of Revenue collects the City's Sales and Use Tax (4% City).  The City collects its own Rental, Lodging, Alcoholic Beverage, Tobacco and Gasoline Taxes.  Forms may be downloaded from this site.

Sellers Use Tax (for Businesses located outside Greenville)

If a business is located outside the City of Greenville, but makes sales that are delivered and/or shipped into Greenville, it should charge the appropriate City of Greenville sellerís use tax if it has nexus with the City of Greenville.  The rates are the same as sales tax (4%).  It is the businessís responsibility to check all purchase invoices for compliance with the sales and use tax laws.

Consumerís use tax does apply to purchases made via telephone, mail-order, internet, etc.  The vendor does not usually collect the City of Greenville tax on these purchases.  There are certain exemptions from the use tax law.  If there is a question on exemption from use tax, please inquire.  Use tax returns and the remittance of any tax due the City of Greenville must be filed with the City of Greenville.  The above is a very brief overview, and more information may be required for a particular type of business transaction.

For additional information regarding business licenses, taxes or other revenue, please contact the City Clerkís office at (334) 382-2647 or email revenue@cityofgville.com.

April Lawrence, Certified Revenue Officer - Extension 254

Download and print forms here.

Copyright © 2019 - City of Greenville, Alabama
119 East Commerce Street, Greenville, AL 36037 | 334-382-2647
Privacy Policy
Website designed and developed by Ingenuity, Inc.