It is the goal of the City of Greenville to provide quality services to its citizens in the most efficient manner possible, and to maintain the fiscal integrity of its assets. City management achieves this goal by:
- Operating a sufficiently funded city government in a financially responsible and fiscally sound manner.
- Creating diverse employment opportunities that will in turn lead to an increased tax base.
- Providing and maintaining reliable and quality infrastructure within the corporate limits.
- Providing and promoting quality housing, educational, cultural, recreational and economic development opportunities.
- Recruiting and maintaining a highly motivated municipal work force committed to excellence.
- Providing and maintaining quality public safety services (police & fire protections).
- Encouraging and facilitating citizen involvement in municipal government.
We hope to provide as much information and guidance about the Mayor and City Council as possible, including how the governing body works, which members are responsible for what areas, what role the City Council has in the community it serves, and the Council's responsibility in promoting the social, economic and environmental well-being of the city as a whole.